[MPlayer-dev-eng] --disable-playtree

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Fri Feb 22 09:15:47 CET 2002

Hi Gabucino,

on Thu, 21 Feb 2002 18:58:59 +0100 you wrote:

> Arpi didn't RTFM :
> > > Could the playtree be made optional?
> > nope...
> > why?
> > don't you like playing in the forest? :)
> :)
> No, I don't like it, I have no use for it, instead it often causes me
> incomfortabilites. :(
What kind ? I'd like to hear about it.
Disable ? Ouf ... Pretty hard. The config use it and the playtree use the config.
All the playlist parsers use it also. It can be done (nothing is impossible ;)), but it
mean lot of work wich can be put elsewhere. If some more ppl also want to have this.
That is a version without playlist support at all. This mean for exemple no more asx,
wich are important for ASF streaming.
A playlist support is needed if you want to keep ALL other features. If you don't care
of loosing some features I can (in a far future ;)) do something. But if you want to
keep all features, you need a new playlist implementation and i'll never do this.
	Albeu