[MPlayer-dev-eng] Neep some help from a proper user interface

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Tue Feb 19 22:45:27 CET 2002

Hi Arpi,

on Tue, 19 Feb 2002 20:46:43 +0100 you wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > > hmm. you should use the power of config/playtree :)
> > >
> > > so, if option -join (or something else) specified for a file, then next
> > > filename from cmdline/playlist (along with its options like -aid) should b
> > > processed and mixed together.
> > >
> > I reviewed a little structure of this stuff. Now it's created using 3 demuxe
> > r, one for
> > video, one for audio and one for subtitles. One demuxer can take two of thes
> > e places.
> > So now I think to add -audiostream and -substream options to select external
> >  files.
> > -aid will apply to the file given to -audiostream (if any) and -sid to -subs
> > tream.
> > Does anybody has something against that, or is it ok like this ?
>
> it's ok for me.

Cool :)
Now I finished it, but it needed a high res seeking for mp3 to get rid of some sync
troubles (the current mp3 seeking code is very innacurate). I write this to know
if I can add a file simillar to mp-opt-reg.c in libmpdemux. It's for ppl like me who
don't want to use global vars for their options.
And for a little review before commit. Attached is a patch on libmpdemux, sorry
the rest of my tree is a little old and I don't want to bother with this now. If you want
to try you need to set a filename in the audio_stream var. I think substream will not
be very useful now, but I think we'll meet soon some files with multiplexed subtitles.
Anyway unless objections, I commit all this tomorow, either with "global" or "local"
option depending on awnsers.
	Albeu