[MPlayer-dev-eng] audio_preload

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Feb 19 00:39:40 CET 2002

Hi,

> Is there anyway to have mencoder duplicate frames for me to keep a frame rat
> accurate?  That is, if I feed mencoder packets that have pts timestamps like
> so (a = aud, v=vid):
>
> V4.40 - A4.40 - A4.80 - A5.20 - A5.60 - V5.60 - A6.0 - A6.4
>
> Can I get mencoder to create duplicate video frames for each audio frame
> somehow magically?  It would keep me from having to duplicate the frames in
> the demuxer, and thereby require additional encoding time..

yes, of course.
there are 3 ways.
1. make zero length frames, it mean 'duplicate prev frame' for mencoder
2. use -mc <n> where n is big enough (n=0.1 should be ok)
   to allow big a-v corrections to mencoder
3. edit libmpdemux/video.c to handle tv demuxer as variable framerate
   (like .asf or .mov) instead of constant fps. it will force
   mplayer/mencoder to use PTS instead of calculated (from FPS) time and use
   PTS only for small corrections.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team