[MPlayer-dev-eng] Audio plugins

Stephen Davies steve at daviesfam.org
Mon Feb 18 12:46:21 CET 2002

On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, Anders Johansson wrote:

> There is now a generic FIR filter implemented in MMX and C which could
> be used to finish the Dolby Surround decoder (Stephen Davies, you
> wrote it do you want to do it or do you want me to do it?) and build
> an EQ.

Hi,

I would be happy and interested to do the integration - though it will
probably be the weekend before I'll have time to look at it seeing I'm
away for work this week.

You are of course welcome to have a go, though I'd appreciate a patch
before you commit changes.

If your filter fast enough to run enough coefficients to do say a 120Hz
low-pass to generate an LFE channel?

For the surround decoder I still have design ideas etc for some logic
steering, but haven't done much implementation so far...

Steve