[MPlayer-dev-eng] audio & video encoding (stream problems?) very slow

Charles Henrich henrich at sigbus.com
Sun Feb 17 09:20:07 CET 2002

Okay, so I have audio/video capture working with this brooktree driver on
*bsd.  If I capture just straight video I cn capture to disk w/ 384x288 at 25fps
divx with no frame loss, no issues.  At 768x576 I can get about 24fps to disk
if I do -ovc copy.

This is great.  However, If I enable audio capturing, the performance goes
into the toilet.  I can only get 2-5fps, I see DEMUXER errors (that I dont
really understand), and I get all sorts of headaches.  This happens with lame
encoding, as well as -oac copy and -oac pcm.  This tells me there is something
"Wrong" in the stream handling code.  Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

These tests are all with -mc 0, without that flag is just doesnt work at all.

-Crh

       Charles Henrich         Eon Entertainment         henrich at msu.edu

                       http://www.sigbus.com:81/~henrich