[MPlayer-dev-eng] WAV File Demuxing

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Sun Feb 17 00:15:01 CET 2002

On Sat, 16 Feb 2002, Alex Beregszaszi wrote:

> Also by MP3 it isn't a problem, you must only search for a valid mp3 header.
> Are there no ways by ADPCM to check for a 'header'?

	Good question. I'd have to examine the MPEG formats a little
deeper to figure out how they do it. I figure they must have some common
signature, some other fields, and a integrity computation in order to pull
off something like that. With ADPCM, there are always constant size blocks
of data that have a small preamble followed by ADPCM nibbles. There really
isn't recognizable signature in the preamble.

	However, a few of the preamble bytes in the MS ADPCM data are
supposed to be within certain ranges. I've added sanity checks to complain
when they're not (and the problematic WAV demuxer tripped them).

> Also i've got a second problem.
> I've fixed (demuxer gets filetype from networking) MP3 streaming (HTTP/ICY),
> it plays fine, but it stops at 1.9s (i think the buffer gets full (20kb buffer,
> it said))

	I'm afraid the MPEG stuff isn't my department (yet).

--
	-Mike Melanson