[MPlayer-dev-eng] Search avi with vorbis audio sample

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Feb 16 06:34:54 CET 2002

Hi,

> I'm trying to write an ogg demuxer (I got a first version). But in avi, look
> ing at the code
> the vorbis stream is muxed in an ogg stream except the first 3 packets. I go
> t something
> working (at least with ogg/vorbis audio) but now I need some avi samples. On
>  the ftp
> I just found one wich don't even work with the current version. So if you ha
> ve some
> please upload. Thx in advance.

huh.
there are 2 things.
- ogg file format containing vorbos audio steram and any video codecs - not
supported by nowdays requested by users.
- ogg stream with vorbis audio muxed into .AVI file format. it is supported,
but no working encoder yet, only NanDub can create such files but they are
broken, at least a-v sync and interleaving is bad :(
(nandub assumes fixed 600 byte frame size but it depends ion many encoding
parameters)

if you implemented demux_ogg, it won't work with current ogg/vorbis audio
support as it demuxes things _again_... i think it should be removed...
and later use some demuxer loopback to decode ogg-in-avi files
(similar to mpeg pes-in-ts)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team