[MPlayer-dev-eng] mplayer and mp3

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Fri Feb 15 12:29:05 CET 2002

Hi Nick Kurshev,

on Fri, 15 Feb 2002 13:46:23 +0300 you wrote:

> Hello, Alban!
>
> On Fri, 15 Feb 2002 11:03:45 +0100 you wrote:
>
> > Hi Bohdan Horst,
> >
> > on Fri, 15 Feb 2002 10:29:22 +0100 you wrote:

> > > [...]
> > > >

> > > hmm same effect - but it works some time ago ..
> > >
> > > Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
> > > 0x8061a81 in main (argc=2, argv=0xbfbffb84, envp=0xbfbffb90) at mplayer.c:1581
> > > 1581      if(!quiet) mp_msg(MSGT_AVSYNC,MSGL_STATUS,"A:%6.1f %4.1f%% %d%%   \r"
> > >
> > > with "-quiet":
> > > Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
> > > 0x8061adc in main (argc=3, argv=0xbfbffb78, envp=0xbfbffb88) at mplayer.c:1586
> > > 1586      usec_sleep(sh_audio->a_buffer_len/sh_audio->o_bps/1000);
> > >
> > Please stop sending such things it UNUSEFUL. What can I do with that ?
> > You are here on the devel list, provide at least a true BUGREPORT. From wich
> > version come this ?
> >
> AFAIK such feature exists only few days in CVS ;)
> > For the LAST TIME before I start to IGNORE such post. It's a JUST FOR FUN feature,
> > the main goal of mplayer is playing MOVIE. mplayer will NEVER be a good audio
> > player. It's not itended for. I don't give a f*ck if you find it bad or worse not so good
> > as xmms. If you want xmms'ish feature GO TO HELL or use xmms. We have more
> > important things to do on mplayer.
> >
> Yes! But if feature is implemented it should at least work and it's nice when it works fine.
	I agree at 100%.
> > Ok now I finished with the flames, note that I will still be happy to receive good full and
> > complete bugreport but no feature request please.
> What about mp3 sample? In this case you'll be able to have any info not only reports ;)
	That's a better proposition. But I still want a FULL BUGREPORT, using LASTEST CVS.
	There were several commit on this code yesterday. It's perhaps alredy fixed, dunno,
	you don't even said from wich version come this gdb log. If it's a version from after
	the last commit on dmeux_audio.c mail it to me because I can't get stuff from the
	incoming dir (my cvs login/pass don't work for this).
		Albeu