[MPlayer-dev-eng] libmpcodecs vs. filter layer

Nick Kurshev nickols_k at mail.ru
Fri Feb 15 12:35:04 CET 2002

Hello, Arpi!

On Fri, 15 Feb 2002 12:16:58 +0100 you wrote:

> Hi,

> > > nope
> > > static mean buffer which 'remember the content' so if only a part of the
> > > image changes at next frame it's enough to update just that part.
> > > temp buffer mean it don't have to keep its content, can be changed or move
> > > in memory at every frame. it can be altered by osd, postprocess and stuff.
> > >
> > this is posible only with opensource codecs after deep hacking them, imho
>
> nope
> vfw, dshow and divx4linux codecs also support direct rendering.
> (try avifile/aviplay)
> as xanim codecs use callback for rendering, we can implement into them.
> opensource is trivial.
> so what left?
divx4linux doesn't work for me since 0.60 :(

> > > ?
> > >
> > Please look at dec_video.c - there is already implemented direct rendering i
> > nto
> > video memory directly (if your card support 16 bytes pitches)!
> > It speedup decoding on 10-20% (codec depended)
>
> it's messy and very limited hack
But you'll not be able to implement it better for video memory ;)
I've implement maximal perfomance here and I can't perform direct rendering
from 16-byte aligned source data to 32-byte aligned video memory on matrox.
It seems that nobody can do that :)
> i want generic, codec and libvo independent way

It will not give real speedup, imho
Please correct me if I'm wrong ;)
It will give only structurized sources :(

> > Do you have mpegjoin or similar SW? Or I can just use cat for that?
> cat is enough

;)