[MPlayer-dev-eng] Broken Quicktime Files

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Thu Feb 14 21:34:52 CET 2002

On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, Alex Beregszaszi wrote:

> Also it isn't working with xanim (i tested it before with mplayer's xanim dll :)
>
> This CVID is probarly BAD or other version (radius' special anti-opensource version?)
> Also i didn't contains other frame_flags (always 0 as in the most of cvid anims)

	Are you talking about the FILM CVID data or the CVID data in those
broken QT files? About the FILM CVID data, it probably wasn't about being
anti-opensource. It was more likely about being unable to play the data
through a generic VFW-style codec.

	I found the page where I got those 2 broken QT files:
  http://www.cinepak.com/comparison.html
The whole reason I wanted to get the files in the first place was to see
if this spiffy new enhanced Cinepak format conformed to the same format as
the original flavor. It has the same FOURCC.

	Thanks...
--
	-Mike Melanson