[MPlayer-dev-eng] Broken Quicktime Files

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Thu Feb 14 18:36:11 CET 2002

On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, Alex Beregszaszi wrote:

> Also it's got bad (or old?) CVID in it. (cannot be decoded with opensource cvid,
> xanim cvid and vfw cvid (this one segfaults at init))

	Just curious (since I haven't bothered to get XAnim codec support
up and running), can you test if the XAnim CVID decoder can handle the
FILM CVID data? The VFW decoder chokes on it. Our decoder had to be
strengthened to work with it.

> The first problem I found is that, that on 0x2000 chunk_id (CVID), the codebook
> reader reads over the next chunk (0x3000), after fixed this problem, the next
> bug comes in the 0x3000 chunks.
>
> I think you should delete it, or convert to avi and test on windows.

	Fine by me. When we can't find any program that can deal with a
file (even the official player program), it's probably safe to qualify it
as a "bad file".

	Thanks for your investigation into the matter...
--
	-Mike Melanson