[MPlayer-dev-eng] porting to mac OS X

mreda at mac.com mreda at mac.com
Thu Feb 14 06:00:33 CET 2002

On Wednesday, February 13, 2002, at 06:35  PM, Robos wrote:

> What do you think about an aqua-themed qui to mplayer (although I
> never use the gui) just to have fun with Apple ;-) ?

I actually started working a couple days ago (not much progress yet) on
an OSX port of MPlayer.  My idea is to wrap it in an NSView-derived
class and packaging it as a framework, making the code very reusable for
any application that needs video playback.

If you really want OSX playback immediately (this project will take me a
while if I ever get it done), it works with the SDL output (at least in
fullscreen mode, I only gave it a quick try on a single mpeg).

Matt