[MPlayer-dev-eng] TODO (mplayer on PPC)

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Wed Feb 13 22:42:35 CET 2002

Hi

On Wednesday 13 February 2002 21:58, Mike Melanson wrote:
[...]
> 	What I would need is some direction on what I should be
> optimizing. I know the DCT functions are always good candidates, but I
> admit I still don't know much about specific routines. Any pointers?
u should optimize at least ;)
everything which is optimized for x86
and gprof can give some coarse hints too
and when in doubt if a specific piece of code is worth the troubble, just
comment it out and benchmark to see how much time it really uses

for (i)dct specific docs ... well i dunno many, mostly the different versions
from mplayer/ffmpeg, especially the older ones as they are more readable
but beware, the idct is pretty sensitive to rounding errors, a few rounding
errors at the wrong place and ppl will turn green after a few seconds, or get
stripes ;)

[...]

Michael