[MPlayer-dev-eng] About PSX Movies

Jonathan Atkins jcatki at jcatki.2y.net
Wed Feb 13 00:37:25 CET 2002

Mike Melanson wrote:

>>the cdrom format is ISO9660 version 1 (the simplest version...)
> 	But there's a little more to it, right? Or else OS's would have no
> trouble reading all the data like ordinary CD-ROMs.

the only thing the OS has a problem with is that the data format on the CD is no mode 1 data...
instead it is mode 2, and so the OS interpret the blocks on the cdrom expecting then to have CRC and stuff,
when there's actually just plain data there...so the OS freaks out, thinking it got a bad read.

>>I will try and get some files ripped for study...and perhaps alter cdxa to play the files directly as well.
>>

> 	We'll help you if you'll help us. Let me know when those samples
> are up.

I'll try and get some files ripped and posted by this weekend.

--
              -=<Long Island Man>=-
                    Jon Atkins