[MPlayer-dev-eng] Patch: Display OSD in the black stripes area with vo SDL

Fredrik Kuivinen freku045 at student.liu.se
Tue Feb 12 17:56:17 CET 2002

On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 03:05:02PM +0100, Alban Bedel wrote:
> Hi Fredrik Kuivinen,
>
> on Sun, 10 Feb 2002 16:12:14 +0100 you wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Feb 10, 2002 at 03:47:48PM +0100, Alex Beregszaszi wrote:

[snip]

> > > I think the OSD part will be registered as cosmetic changes.
> > >

> > And the rule "No cosmetic changes are allowed in cvs" will apply? If that is
> > the case I don't think it is a cosmetic change. It is pretty useless to render
> > the OSD in every frame if it isn't needed. And I don't see anyway to detect
> > when the OSD changed without this patch.
> 	For osd_func use a last value. After each rendering save the osd_func
> 	value and on the next frame compare it to the current value to see if there
> 	were any change.

What about everything else? Like subtitles and elapsed time? Isn't it better
to have some generic code in mplayer.c and sub.c that all the libvo drivers can
use than to check this in every libvo driver? I haven't looked at it but it is
probably going to be messy if libvo drivers are going to check if, for example,
vobsub subtitles changed in the last frame.

> 	Beside this imho this stuff must be done in a generic way, not per driver,
> 	but I'm not the good one to debate on this point ;) .
> 		Albeu

/ Fredrik Kuivinen