[MPlayer-dev-eng] porting to mac OS X

ja snikt at cyberspace.org
Tue Feb 12 15:36:31 CET 2002

hey, I would like to port mplayer to OS X for it's divx and 3ivx
playback(i.e. I'm not worried about getting the x86 codecs working)
because current support on OS X seems to have died as of sometile last
summer... I would like to change the configure file to add a darwin
detection(previously I had seen thta it was underway by fink but I cannot
find it with fink or dselect even under unstable) so I was wondering if I
can provide the appropriate data for your checks uname -whatever etc and
an appropriate addition... I began trying to replicate netbsd's stuff
because it has a ppc port but I saw that a few of the checks were possibly
out of date or mabey just came up different under linux...
example...+ some other stuff
well first of all to detect the arch
uname -s = Darwin

uname -p = powerpc not ppc as it's currently set to detect

uname -m = Power Macintosh on my ibook 500mhz g3...that's quite a bit
different than ppc...

probably need a darwin() at the begining..

ok that's all I have for now because I can't even get past the
beginning...a modified configure would be much appreciated so i can get
this working and contribute it to fink...

thanks

xeno