[MPlayer-dev-eng] FILM & Audio Output Formats

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Thu Feb 7 07:27:07 CET 2002

Hi team,
	So I took a step back and reworked the FILM file demuxer, now that
I know how to demux audio as well as video. Issue with the audio in
these files: It looks like it comes in 2 flavors:
  8-bit, signed
  16-bit, signed, big-endian
This is strictly from observation so far. This appears to conflict with
the executive decision that MPlayer makes regarding uncompressed PCM,
where 8-bit data is always unsigned and 16-bit data is always signed and
little-endian.

	What's the best way to deal with this? Should I define a new
audio format number for this file type and modify dec_audio.c?

	Thanks...
--
	-Mike Melanson