[MPlayer-dev-eng] cpuid vs 386 vs 486

David Holm david at realityrift.com
Tue Feb 5 23:09:00 CET 2002

Ok, this is odd since pushfd is defined in the intel manual ;(. I'm no
ia32 guru so I cannot give more advice here. But according to my
manual(s) the right way to do it is to use pushfd. Personally I prefer
using nasm ;) at least it creates somewhat portable asm and you won't
have to worry about the underlying assembler called by the C compiler
not supporting certain mnemonics.
(You did type it in with the suffix \n\t right?)

//David