[MPlayer-dev-eng] wmv8 variable fps

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Feb 5 22:21:57 CET 2002

Hi,

> > > 	I think it's normal, just the fps wich is very low (less than 1 sometimes).
> >
> > Note! There isn't a real FPS value in ASF files, only frametime (ask Arpi ;)
> 	I know but you start talking variable fps, I mean that sometimes the
> 	frametime is very long and the osd is not updated anymore. So it look
> 	like mplayer block, but I think it normal.
> 		Albeu

No, it's an old, known bug.
MPlayer's core blocks/hangs when frametime>0.3 sec.
It's because there is a 300msec limit for video PTS jump, to avoid endless
blocking at broken timestamps or wraparounds.
But these ASF files sometimes needs 2-3 sec of delay between frames, but
mplayer reduces this tiem to 300msec but audio is still 2-3 sec long...
anyway, as mplayer is not threaded, audio decoding shouldn't be stopped for
long time... hard to solve.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
"I don't RTFM? Wow. What's the meaning of this? It's new for me."
	-- Martin Baum, a tipical MPlayer user...