[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: new WEBDESIGN link colors

Ali Akcaagac ali.akcaagac at stud.fh-wilhelmshaven.de
Sun Feb 3 18:57:56 CET 2002

hello  Kim Minh Kaplan,

> > so if someone of you know the person please ask him if it is
> > possible to get that BRIGHT BLUE COLOR for links changed to
> > some more pleasant and not EYE hurting color not to mention
> > that reading the links itself is more than a pain.

> This is a preference of your browser.  The MPlayer site does not
> choose the blue color you did (or rather your browser did it for you).

oki, i should have been expecting such an answer. unfrotunately not
everyone mentioning something is a brainless zombie :) i know of this
and thats the reason why i pointed about this problem.

now some basic facts. you are right that if no alink, vlink, link colors
are defined in the body of a html page then it defaults back to the
browsers internal colors (please read the other lenghty mail that i
posted on this list earlier this day) the reason is to NOT use or NOT
change the webbrowsers default colors (you can but thats a workaround
and not the CORRECT solution)..

example. lets say i change my internal link colors to "blue" and now
enter a webpage with a blue background where the above mentioned link
colors are not defined too. then you see nothing. or if you go to a
black backgrounded page with yellow pixmaps in it and yellow links and
your browser ones are blue then they look awfull. i am not willing to
change my default webbrowsers colors or override colors here for going
on this page. every normal well designed webpage should come up with
these colors defined IT SHOULD NOT fall back to the browsers internal
(only if you want it but thats personal taste). the reason why this
happens is just a matter of unexperience of the person who made the
webpage.

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali.akcaagac at stud.fh-wilhelmshaven.de