[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Re: mga_vid and brightness/contrast control.

Dariusz Pietrzak dariush at ajax.umcs.lublin.pl
Sun Feb 3 12:59:27 CET 2002

>>  There should also be contrast control implemented, but all I know
>> contrast is that neutral value is 0x80, and that this is '1.7 value
>> ranging from 0 to 1.99'.

>I imagine it means the scale is nonlinear, i.e. 0x80 represents
>1.7/2 contrast on a linear scale, i.e. about 85%, 0xff represents
Ok, so I implemented it as (-127 .. + 128) value, where 0 mean (0x80) in
hardware, at it seems to be working as expected.
I still don't quite get this '1.7' thing,
you're saying that it's 0x80 = 1.7, and 0xff = 1.99 ?

Could anyone tell me why float values are not welcomed in kernel space?

--
Dariusz Pietrzak
Yes, I am over 18, although my IQ isn't