[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: WEBDESIGN again

Ali Akcaagac ali.akcaagac at stud.fh-wilhelmshaven.de
Sun Feb 3 11:06:19 CET 2002

hello gabucino,

i posted the email yesterday on this list and unsubscribed again so
please allow me to point out some things.

a) the mail i sent to the list had a picture attached. i wonder why you
   come up with the question for screenshots.
b) i've sent some screenshots to your private emailaddress
   gabucino at mplaerhq.hu and after this some fixes for the body html tag
   unfortunately i got no reply.

i appologize for my nastyness but the homepage has really some issue.

there is no colors defined for background, text, links, vlinks, alinks
in none of the webpage's html source. if these colors are not defined
then the browsers default colors are used. for the most browsers these
default colors look really bright (mozilla, galeon, opera, ns) i wonder
why you don't get any ''bright'' colors but i bet you simply selected
some (other colors) for your browser (you can set them in the
preferences) but this is not the point. not to mention that the
webdesigner used an image for the background instead of defining the
color. this is a sign of unexpirience. well i am not a commercial
webdesigner myself but i have some expierience in these things. i dont
know why i didnt get a reply yesterday. maybe its pure ignorance. well i
dont want to sound offending or trolling since i wanted to point out
some facts and want to be helpfull. i would really appreciate if your
webdesigner could at least fix that bright color issue for links. set
these values to some EXPLICIT color values that at least smoothly
matches to the background. e.g. how do you expect people reading the
links if they use e.g. 1600x1200x24 screens if the links are in a bright
color. they get mad.

well mplayer is getting a really important project for the
linux/bsd/unix community and i bet you get a tons of hits to your
webpage everyday and i dont think that you like to pissoff people. for
the future i would really appreciate if new WEBDESIGNS could be tested
more clearly and maybe add a link to the old homepage pointing to the
new one (for a while) where people can report problems (problems like
this one and the webdesigners email address in one of the pages could be
usuefull to so people like me can piss them off privately and dont need
to subscribe to an OT mailinglist for these things)

oki thats all i wanted to say.

btw: before you reply again for a screenshot.. here __attached on this
     email is another__ one sorry i am able to sent only < 40kb to the
     list if you want more then mail me privately. i also go and
     unsubscribe again. so please if you reply then reply to all (so one
     copy goes to me and the other to the list.

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali.akcaagac at stud.fh-wilhelmshaven.de