[MPlayer-dev-eng] zr: mistake in last patch

Rik Snel rsnel at cube.dyndns.org
Fri Feb 1 21:33:56 CET 2002

Hello,

On Fri, 1 Feb 2002, Ponekker Zoltan wrote:
> > It is a special purpose jpeg encoder for libvo, not a general codec.
> > Other possible location: main/, but it seems to be very crowded. How about
> > main/libmisccodec/ (and put the others there als well) ?
> hm. mencoder supported mjpeg.
Yes, but only in YUV420 format that is: four Y blocks, one U block and one
V block per 16x16 area. The zoran cards need two Y blocks, one U block and
one V block per 16x8 area. Because libavcodec is built around the YUV420
format it is non-trivial to add YUV422 support. Furthermore my approach
allows for nice extras (interlacing, encoding in black and white, furter
optimiziations like filling DCT blocks directly in vo_zr from packed
colorspaces (not implemented)).

Greetings,

Rik.

--------
Nothing is ever a total loss; it can always serve as a bad example.