[MPlayer-dev-eng] More File Demuxing Questions

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Fri Feb 1 16:11:20 CET 2002

On Fri, 1 Feb 2002, Arpi wrote:

> > an audio packet? I figured out that the proper value for a video pts is
> > current frame / (frames/sec). What does the value mean in the context of
> > audio? The current sample position divided by the sample rate?
> yes
> it's mostly used for interleaved streaming files, they have PTS value
> encoded into packet headers.

	Therefore, I don't really need to worry about it for an audio
packet? Or, if it's not too much trouble to calculate, should I go ahead
and put it in? And I still need calculate the PTS for video frames,
regardless? That's no problem.

	So the RoQ audio is DPCM-encoded which basically means number of
bytes in a chunk is equal to the number of samples. So I just divide the
running total of audio bytes by the sample rate (22050 Hz)? And I need to
further divide that by 2 in the case of a stereo block, I trust?

	Thanks...
--
	-Mike Melanson