[MPlayer-dev-eng] Runtime interface for audio (and video) filters

Mark Zealey mark at zealos.org
Tue Dec 31 12:02:27 CET 2002

On Tue, Dec 31, 2002 at 02:53:42PM +0800, Anders Johansson wrote:

> 2. Professional mixer interface for combined video and audio mixing:
>    All the functions found in a audio mixer for video use, for example
>    see http://www.mackie.com/record/d8b_v5/index.html
>
>    This includes adding support for automation. Automation is
>    basically keyed events i.e. one uses a time line in which event
>    keys are inserted (volume increases, channels are panned added,
>    removed, new tracks inserted, etc). To make this useful one
>    have to be able to playback multiple tracks a the same time
>    (tracks also needs to be dynamically insertable and removable). It
>    would also be nice to be able to insert keys for the video filters
>    and for the playback of video channels (I guess).
>
>    I want to know if anyone else is interested in this? Or if it is
>    even desirable for mencoder/mplayer to have it?

Yeah this sounds great - let me know if i can help with anything. I'd suggest
that the keyd video be stored in the xml-style format that bcast2000 stored it
in, in this way, anything made with bcast could be played on mplayer, or encoded
into a full movie with mencoder. Hm, thinking about it, it wouldn't really be
good to do all this via mplayer, maybe create a separate program, which could
interface to mplayer for previews, of a bcast-style layout (I find bcast very
usable, but sometimes a bit slow, and now development has stopped because of
some legal issues (involving the playback formats i believe, not the actual
mixer tech))

--

Mark Zealey (aka JALH on irc.oftc.net: #zealos and many more)
mark at zealos.org; mark at itsolve.co.uk