[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [patch] improve dxr3 tv norm switching

Jens Axboe axboe at suse.de
Sat Dec 28 15:31:21 CET 2002

On Sat, Dec 28 2002, Jens Axboe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The merged patch is suboptimal (for me, at least) to what I had in my
> tree, so I'll try and merge the two. The most important bit is that tv
> norm is not being restored when mplayer quits. This is quite annoying
> when used from eg freevo. Second, there's no need to set the video mode
> if current norm matches the input file. Also kills a few static ints
> being set to 0 (there are quite a few more).
>
> BTW, vo_dxr3 could do with a bit of ifdef cleaning, it's quite nasty...

Another thing that struck me is that this approach is actually quite
stupid :-)

Using NTSC on my PAL television does work, but I loose a small part of
the picture (outer perimeter). Wouldn't it be far better to simply drop,
say, every 10th frame to make the picture stable when playing ntsc
material on a pal tv?

--
Jens Axboe