[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: xvid patch

suxen_drol suxen_drol at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 15 09:07:39 CET 2002

hi.

> 1)
> you need XVID_DEC_LOWDELAY..couse elsewhere xvid can return an empty image...
> and make mplayer crash=(

mplayer+xvid should not crash without LOWDELAY set.
if it does, then please post some details to xvid-devel.

LOWDELAY is used to indicate low-delay decoding environments (ie.
video-for-windows), where immediate frame delivery is required. it is
not meant for mplayer.

> 2)
> XVID_DEC_DEBLOCKY and XVID_DEC_DEBLOCKUV are for the new stuff reducded , that
> encoded crominance at reduced resolution

incorrect; DEBLOCKY/UV is totally optional.
reduced resolution streams will decode correctly with-or-without
DEBLOCKY/UV set.

> 3)
> inside xvid.h there is a #define for the api version.. so a simple
> so a simple preprocessor can be used to make it compile=)

there is a good reason why we called the dev branch
dev-api-3. the api is being upgraded... among other things.
when things settle down the version macro & dox will be updated.

cheers,

-- pete; 9x20?