[MPlayer-dev-eng] PATCHES

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Dec 30 02:44:20 CET 2002

Hi,

I've spent last few days by fixing&verifying&applying the patches we get
nowdays or earlier (the delayed ones).
(i have 54 patches in my 'applied' dir, all from december)

Please tell me ASAP if i lost some (important) patches!
(i'm still waiting for the reworked bin-cue support patch!!!)
(ok there were several warning fixes, i'll look at them... i just take
them as useless cosmetics (mostly) making code less syncable and sometimes
even break things)

Lots of new features gone in, also several bugfixes and small enhancements.
I think (and not only I, we talked about it on IRC with other core
developers) that it's time to FEATURE FREEZEE.
So, just say STOP for new big patches, and accept only bugfixes for a few
weeks, then release 0.90 stable and start the whole thing (commiting so many
things :)) again...

Also, we could do some cleanup work. there are big unused (disabled since
ages) parts in the code, and some messy ones too.
But the biggest problem is that the codebase went to quite unstable state
since a while, and is getting more and more buggy over time (nobody fixes
bugs just keep adding new buggy features)...

So, if no objections, we'll release 0.90rc3 in a few days, and then say STOP
for new features (including nontrivial changes) for a while (few weeks).
Time to cleanup things & fix the bugs, there are too many now :(

I hope there are no objections.. if there are, tell me.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team