[MPlayer-dev-eng] x11 vs. WMs vs. fullscreen

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Dec 29 22:13:08 CET 2002

Hi,

I've got a weird mad idea, but maybe it isn't so mad... (just weird :))

we could introduce a 'fullscreen switching plugin architecture', so
plugins could be written for every silly buggy std-uncompliant WMs...
with autodetection, forcing-ability whatever...

it seems this fullscreen switching madness will never end, there are always
WMs incompatible with eachother, even in opposite way (only one of them does
work with a given code, mutualy exclusive...)

yes it's some way the same as the old -fsmode switch, just a bit
higher-level and more userfriendly implementation :)

also, this way we could freely commit new fullscreen swicthing modules,
while now whenever we commit a fix we immediately receive tons of angry
user's mails with broken WMs...

ye si know that 'fullscreen switching plugin' sounds more than silly,
but if we can have 'argument parsing plugins' (see m_option.c:))) then
it's acceptable :)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team