[MPlayer-dev-eng] [BUG] multifile? jpeg? GIGA memleak.

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Dec 19 23:36:41 CET 2002

Hi,

> > > can i have that jpg?
> > Pontscho, this is from the ReSource photo collection :) Please send
> > it to Michael.
> Ok, so here I am with more (valgrind) details, as A'rpi suggested.
> Meanwhile I saw that the memleak occurs (increases until the kernel kills
> the mplayer process) only if ffmjpeg AND -vop pp are used. Also, it doesn't
> occur with every JPEG file, but with most of them.

was a "bug" in pp filter (leaking lots of mem when multiple config() calls),
triggered by a bug in vd_ffmpeg interfering with the -aspect switch...

actually the ffmpeg part should be fixed, it shouldn't reinit vo for every
frame if the caller overwrote the aspect value in the sh_video struct.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team