[MPlayer-dev-eng] 0.90-rc2 scheduled for monday night

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Dec 19 00:05:32 CET 2002

Hi,

> > stuff, i cant imagine how this could cause a bug, did u try
> > efence/valgrind/...
> I don't have valgrind so someone who has it please try. I'll try to hunt
> valgrind somewhere.

freshmeat.net ...

it's a very good sw, but it has a big problem too: it doesn't support SIMD
stuff yet, so you have to recompile code with mmx etc disabled.
ie it can't be used to hunt bugs in that code...  i'm using NJAMD for that,
it's similar and worx with SIMD.
(njamd isn't the best for memleak hunting, but it detects mem corruptions well)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team