[MPlayer-dev-eng] H263+/rtpplay file format (was: mencoder frame duplication bug)

Jan Kritzner kritzner at i4.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Dec 18 15:37:07 CET 2002

Am Dienstag, 17. Dezember 2002 20:55 schrieb Diego Biurrun:
> (...)
>
>P.S.: Will you send in the demuxer for that exotic mbone file format
>you wrote?  Don't remember its name..

I already considered to do so, but the patches are quite specific to our
demands. For example, the codec is hard-coded to H.263+.

The file format is "rtpplay1.0" as used to save mbone sessions, but it is
limited to RFC2429 compliant packets without VRC header extensions, B frames
and other features.

It was meant as a quick hack for my personal use, but if anyone can imagine
how to generate compliant data files, I can send the demuxer.
However, I'd consider it bloat if I am the only one to use it.

Anyone interested?

Jan