[MPlayer-dev-eng] EDL Patch 3

Michael Halcrow mah69 at email.byu.edu
Tue Dec 17 15:42:07 CET 2002

Here we go again...

There was a bug in the initialization of the EDL list which has a small
probability of causing the video to stop playing altogether once all the
EDL entries have been processed during playback (by fast-forwarding an
arbitrary distance after the last EDL record). This patch applies to the
unpatched branch, and should fix that potential problem.

At the moment, this patch expects the file to be played through without
manual seeking. If the user seeks, then the EDL system may not function
as expected. My next patch will extend the system to re-set the EDL
record pointer when the user manually seeks in the file, so that EDL
records are processed accordingly.

Mike
--
Michael Halcrow                          | mhalcrow at byu.edu
Research Assistant, Network Security Lab | Dept. of Comp. Science
                                         | Brigham Young University
Someday we'll look back on all this and  |
plow into a parked car.                  |
GnuPG Keyprint:  05B5 08A8 713A 64C1 D35D  2371 2D3C FDDA 3EB6 601D