[MPlayer-dev-eng] Pause handling in combination with the new osd menu

Andreas Hess jaska at gmx.net
Tue Dec 17 13:45:16 CET 2002

Hi!

The pause handling with the new osd menu (cmd-line option -menu) is
a mess. You hit 'p' nothing happens. You hit 'p' once again, now the
movie pauses. If you now hit 'u' (for menu up) nothing happens, you
hit any key, the movie continues and the menu is displayed. You
cancel the menu and now you hit 'p' and once again nothing happens,
but followed with a 'u', you get the menu and the movie pauses.

I don't think this is how it should be and how it was intended by
the original author of the libmenu. But I think there were at least
some intentions, because there is a some special pause handling in
the function cmd_filter() in libmenu/vf_menu.c.