[MPlayer-dev-eng] mplayer a/v sync

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Mon Dec 16 22:30:21 CET 2002

Am Montag, 16. Dezember 2002 15:13 schrieb Frodo:
> Hi,
Hi,

I just wanted to inform you of something ...

You are using Outlook Express 6, which perhaps just does not display this, but
please take a look at:

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2002-December/

and search for your subject ("mplayer a/v sync") ...

You'll see, that it is ordered in a thread with several others with the
subject "Sorenson 3 encoding" ...

Your topic however does not quite fit into this category and has no textual
link to the original subject ...

So please don't use the Reply-Button of your Browser ...

It might be comfortable for you, but it'll certainly break the logical
structure and your message will easier be overseen ...

Also you could use [BUG] to alert developers and use a more "saying" topic ...

mplayer a/v sync could be everything ... however ... "[BUG] vbr mp3 in divx
gives a/v sync problems" should be a small summary of your message ...

And if you really want/must use outlook: What about adding a new contact to
your adress book, whose contents is mplayer-dev-eng
<mplayer-dev-eng at mplayerhq.hu> ...

You then just have to go to "New Message" (Or however it is called in
MS-World), type the first two chars (m and p) (You don't have to many ppl in
your adress book starting with mp, do you ?) and it'll autocomplete it and
you can write your mail with a good subject and it will be arranged right and
gratefully read and mplayer will stay the best movie player on earth ;-)

cu

Fabian

PS: I'm no mplayer-developer (only patch-contributor and silent-reader), but I
think mplayer ppl will agree with me... won't you ? ;-)