[MPlayer-dev-eng] Sorenson 3 encoding :)))))

Balatoni Denes pnis at coder.hu
Mon Dec 16 19:04:12 CET 2002

Hi!

www.mpegla.com would have licensing information, if it was posted on the site.
There are however some drafts in the news section (like $0.25/decoder, capped
at $100000, $0.75/encoder iirc).
Also it was a slashdot news article, that thomson is not licensing mp3 for
free to open source software. This was denied by thomson a day later -
however the sentence about this special free licensing has been removed from
www.mp3licensing.com and never put back.

But hopefully they don't care about mplayer/ffmpeg, as it was said before me.
And hopefully xvid is kind of legal. And xiph.org will come up with something
great soon maybe, and we can all forget about patents.

I am not a lawyer by the way

bye
Denes