[MPlayer-dev-eng] 0.90-rc2 scheduled for monday night

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Mon Dec 16 13:41:25 CET 2002

Hi Arpi,

on Mon, 16 Dec 2002 00:54:54 +0100 you wrote:

> Hi,
>
> anyone against $SUBJ ?
>
> any important bugs?
> any patches i must apply/wait before rc2?
>
> important things in my 'delayed patches' queue:
>
> mux-mpeg.diff - mpeg muxer, waiting for the updated/fixed version
> ogm-iconv.diff - subcp_recode1() should be in subreader.c instead of
> demux_ogg.c mplayer_per_file_config.patch - dunno, still waiting for
> comments
> freetype.diff - (enables both old and new font support at the
> same time)
>                  needs to be changed to check for new-type fonts (ttf)
>                  first
>
> long-term delayed patches:
>
> bte.diff - dunno (Albeu: apply it if you want)
The guy didn't send us a new version. As i don't have a mobil phone nor the time
for such thing it will be delayed until someone send us a new version.
> dvb-in.diff - needs mpeg-ts demuxer
> slices.diff - needs vf draw_slices() cleanup
During the few free time i had lately i worked on that a bit further. I hope to have a
proper patch ready in the next days. I also added an mb_state array to mp_image,
so filters can mark the mbs they modified. With that it's also possible for the vo to
only blit the needed stuff. I added that too in xv but sadly it seems that you can only
do 1 XvPutImage per frames :( Anyway that give a real performance increase with
expand :)

Another big thing i have more or less finished is the cleaning up of the stream level.
At least file,pipe,tv,mf and vcd work. Other should, i didn't tested cdda and i can't
test network and dvd. But at least they compile ok. So after that there is no more
problem with the dvd opening, etc all is opened with url like names. I managed to
keep the emulation of the old switchs except for -mf on wich used both normal
filename + an external switch. For that too i hope i can do proper diff in the next days
but I can't promise anything :(

BTW I noticed several time that some ppl complain of the sub-options syntax,
especialy in config files. Another way to access the sub-options is with this
syntax : -opt:sub_opt xxx or in config files opt:sub_opt=xxx (only tested with
the new config code but it should work with the old one too).
BTW2 It's now very easy to change the syntax for the sub options if one want
to.

	Albeu