[MPlayer-dev-eng] Slideshow

Daniel A. Nagy nagydani at mast.queensu.ca
Fri Dec 13 12:31:36 CET 2002

On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 08:33:06PM -0500, D Richard Felker III wrote:
> Do you have any idea what you're talking about? I certainly don't. As
> far as I can tell, the only problem is that Daniel didn't make use of
> existing mplayer features. It has nothing to do with the code, just
> his unfamiliarity with mplayer.

I'm not quite certain what the below deleted post was about either. You say
I could have used existing mplayer features? I don't think so. Some
programming was inevitable and I started this thread precisely to figure out
what would be the most consistent way of implementing the needed
functionality that is missing from mplayer at this time. I agree, however,
that most of the functionality is there, it's just a matter of bringing the
right parts together: one can find out which frames contain subtitles,
decode those frames and paste the subtitles over them. Basically, it's the
control mechanism that is missing, and perhaps an abstraction layer that
would allow to use all kinds of subtitles.

--
Daniel