[MPlayer-dev-eng] Russian translations.

Daniel A. Nagy nagydani at mast.queensu.ca
Thu Dec 12 05:23:41 CET 2002

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 11:57:38PM +0000, lumag at qnc.ru wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Some weeks/months ago there was a russian translations of Mplayer DOCS.
> Now they aren't in the repository. I'm interesting: is somebody
> maintaining/translating them now?
> If "Yes", could I help? If "No", could I try to update them (if such DOCS
> exists somewhere)? Or to write new ones?

My fault. At a weak moment of mine, I promised to do a major overhaul of the
Russian documentation, basically a retranslation from the English an the
Hungarian versions. Unfortunately, I could never allocate enough time to
actually do it. I guess, a good idea would be to split up the documentation
and work on it separately, as the whole thing is just too much for one
person (for me, anyway).

I feel rather ashamed, but I think, we could give it a try together. FYI: My
native language is Russian, I speak Hungarian at a native level (having
lived 10+ years in Hungary) and this is my fourth year in an
English-speaking environment. However, I am not quite up to date with the
Russian technical terminology (working hard to keep up, though), so I guess,
I can provide more or less authentic judgement as for what the authors meant
when they wrote this or that in Engish and/or in Hungarian, but I might not
on top of things as to how to put it in Russian. If we take on the task, I
propose that we correspond in Russian with one another.

--
Daniel