[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: divx4/xvid

Rémi Guyomarch rguyom at pobox.com
Thu Dec 12 02:24:37 CET 2002

On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 12:40:32AM +0000, lumag at qnc.ru wrote:

(repairing top-posting)

> > I think both can be built at the same time.
>
> Sorry, but look at configure script (lines 4038-4058+): Only if
> libxvidcore hasn't function decore, divx4/5linux are checked!
> Else they(DivX[45]Linux codecs) are automatically marked as disabled!

Doh ! you're right. Well, one can link with "-lxvidcore -ldivx4" so
that divx4 decore() function overwrite xvid version. I don't know if
it would work or not, I can't check (no divx4/5 on freebsd). Another
way would be to build xvid without "divx4.c" in
"${XVIDSRC}/build/generic/Makefile.inc".

--
Rémi