[MPlayer-dev-eng] Weird volume control problem in GUI

Nicholas technic at qx.net
Tue Dec 10 18:56:30 CET 2002

Hi everyone,

After compiling the latest mplayer release (rc1), I noticed a strange problem
with the GUI.  Whenever I play a video more than once, the volume control on
screen and on the GUI stop responding, as if it were detached.  I checked the
settings for the mixer control under 'preferences' in the gui, but instead of
/dev/mixer, it was random, garbled text.  After changing it back and
attempting to play another video, I got a Sig 11 and a crash.  Checking the
gui.conf file, I noticed the mixer setting was again another random sequence
of characters.  Each and every time I set this parameter, both through the
GUI and directly in the text file, it fails after I play one video.  For now,
I've had to go back to the former mplayer release.  Anyone have any ideas?

Nicholas