[MPlayer-dev-eng] divx4/xvid

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Tue Dec 10 21:24:49 CET 2002

Moritz Bunkus writes:
 > While updating the German translation I stumbled about
 >
 >   <LI>you have to choose between DivX4 <B>or</B> XViD support at
 >       compiletime</LI>
 >
 > Is this still true? I think (!) I remember something different, but at
 > the moment I'm not really sure.

Yes, at least until MPlayer adopts some sort of plugin structure for
codecs.  Xvid and divx4 share the same api and cannot be compiled in
simultaneously.  I remember this being discussed some time ago and am
just telling you from memory, probably inaccurately and maybe wrong.
Search the archives for the details.

Diego