[MPlayer-dev-eng] LC_ALL=tr_TR problems with current mplayer code

ismail donmez voidcartman at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 10 13:55:33 CET 2002

I found two places where LC_ALL=tr_TR causes problem
in mplayer compilation and/or execution. Maybe some
other locales affected to especially if uppercase of
"i" is not "I" but something else.

First problem is the vidix pci_db.awk script which
uses toupper() function without check so uppercase of
"i" doesnt become "I" and causes compilation error.I
think it can be solved by coding same script with
perl. Would this get accepted ? ( dependency on perl
to compile ) .

Second problem happens when loading qtx dlls mplayer
crashes at init_audio_codec if -noaudio used it
crashes at init_video_codec . If I set LC_ALL=POSIX
its all ok. I didnt check the code but some locale
dependant functions probably the problem here too.

I think it would be nice to solve this problems before
*actualy* 0.9 release.

/ismail

=====
Microsoft Windows: made for the internet
The Internet: made for UNIX