[MPlayer-dev-eng] rotfl

Andras Mohari mayday at varoshaza.nagyatad.hu
Tue Dec 10 12:53:24 CET 2002

On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 12:41:56 +0100, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i've just found this on slashdot in a comment:
>
>  Because MPlayer is in Hungary (a lawless, anarchistic nation), MPlayer does
> what MPlayer wants to do. Including packaging copyrighted quicktime
> software. Mplayer does not take shit from anyone. For example, MPlayer uses
> the trademark "Mplayer" (originally an internet gaming company from America)
> just to piss of American lawyers. Also, MPlayer likes to violate the DMCA by
> being able to play video
> streams never meant to be playable (like Sorenson and MPEG). This also violates
> international treaties which say you must pay royalties to the patent office to
> use its "codecs" (stands for coder-decoder, for all you non-multimedia
> nerds). Fortuantely, Hungary is land-locked and mountainous, making it not
> easily succeptible to missiles targeted at its web servers.
>
> "MPlayer uses the trademark "Mplayer" (originally an internet gaming company
> from America)"
>
> Exactly! And where is Mplayer now? GONE! That's where! We need to invade
> Hungary immediatly before they can wipe out any other American companies and
> ruin our economy!

Have we become part of "axes of evil" then?  Maybe I'd find the above
funny if it just didn't mention those missiles.  Don't know why, but
nowadays I get nervous whenever someone mentions firing missiles at
someone else.  Don't like something?  BOMB IT!  Don't like someone?
KILL HIM!  Why don't they just kill themselves when they feel like
killing is completely beyond my mind.  That might solve the problem once
and for all.  Ehh, wonders of the western "civilisation", 2002...

--
Andras Mohari
mayday at mail.nagyatad.hu