[MPlayer-dev-eng] rotfl

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Dec 10 12:41:56 CET 2002

Hi,

i've just found this on slashdot in a comment:

 Because MPlayer is in Hungary (a lawless, anarchistic nation), MPlayer does
what MPlayer wants to do. Including packaging copyrighted quicktime
software. Mplayer does not take shit from anyone. For example, MPlayer uses
the trademark "Mplayer" (originally an internet gaming company from America)
just to piss of American lawyers. Also, MPlayer likes to violate the DMCA by
being able to play video
streams never meant to be playable (like Sorenson and MPEG). This also violates
international treaties which say you must pay royalties to the patent office to
use its "codecs" (stands for coder-decoder, for all you non-multimedia
nerds). Fortuantely, Hungary is land-locked and mountainous, making it not
easily succeptible to missiles targeted at its web servers.

"MPlayer uses the trademark "Mplayer" (originally an internet gaming company
from America)"

Exactly! And where is Mplayer now? GONE! That's where! We need to invade
Hungary immediatly before they can wipe out any other American companies and
ruin our economy!

Hey, why don't we suggest they change their name to Microsoft, then. (/me
ducks and runs)

http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=46511&cid=0&pid=0&startat=&threshold=0&mode=nested&commentsort=0&op=Change

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team