[MPlayer-dev-eng] wishlist round 0

Anders Johansson ajh at watri.uwa.edu.au
Tue Dec 10 02:57:35 CET 2002

Hi,

One comment: I think it should be af and vf rather than aop and vop.

I also have some questions:

> Small improvements:
>
>  * specify suboptions in a config file without breaking playback (use
>    channel 21 if using -tv, same idea for -vop, -aop, etc...)

Does this mean changing the settings in the config file during playback?

> Cleanup:
>
>  * modularize all VOs, AOs, as well as audio/video codecs/filters like
>    vidix drivers; it'd make the main binary smaller and packager's job
>    easier

Does this mean put modules in separate .so files?

> Enhancements:
>
>  * plugin structure for vop/aop

In what way should the filter structure be changed?

>  * support for VirtualDub and Winamp plugins

I have started to look at Winamp plugins.

> Difficult stuff:
>
>  * reverse engineer all closed codecs (SVQ3, QDM2, WMV8/9...)

For people interested in this the following links may be useful:

The dcc Decompiler
  http://www.it.uq.edu.au/groups/csm-old/dcc.html

Program-Transformation.Org
  http://www.program-transformation.org/twiki/bin/view/Transform