[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: VIDIX and swscaler support for vo_svga.c

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Dec 9 19:26:05 CET 2002

Hi,

> > vidix is ok, but we cannot accept swscaler support.
> > there us -vop scale for this purpose, with direct rendering
> > (get_image() implemented in vo driver) it has the same effect.
>
> So what is the vo driver supposed to do when d_width!=width, or
> d_height!=height ?

if it can't do hardware-accelerated scaling, then nothing.
just don't set VFCAP_HWSCALE_UP/VFCAP_HWSCALE_DOWN/VFCAP_SWSCALE in
query_format().

> > could you make a patch containing only the vidix part?
>
> I can (actually all the sws code in the driver I sent is contained in
> ifdef SWS blocks.)
>
> I note that both vesa and x11 drivers do use this method. Is there a

vesa - dunno, it shouldn't. probably it's there from times when there was no
filter layer at all (vesa driver is older than libmpcodecs).

x11 - yes, it's ok for now, as the user can resize the window with mouse,
without the filter layer knowing about it. anyway it'll be changed in the
future, then it'll removed too.

> canonical driver, to use as example in writing/maintaining other
> drivers?

directfb2, directx

also read DOCS/tech/libvo.txt

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team