[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: RELEASE tomorrow?!

Andriy N. Gritsenko andrej at lucky.net
Sat Dec 7 01:29:51 CET 2002

    Hi, Arpi!

Sometime (on Saturday, December  7 at  2:02) I've received something...
>> >any objections, pending fixes, known bugs?
>> >(except the ones in TODO, i'm working on them right now)

>>     I'm working on multicontainer support (to write not only AVI files
>> but MPEG and other as well) for mencoder but it isn't ready yet. ;)

>hmm. do you follow any drafts/discussions about the muxer layer in the past,
>or you designed its API from scratch?

    Just from scratch. I got the request to make MPEG video clip (system
stream of MPEG) but I didn't find anything to make it good so I've decided
to teach the best encoding tool for *nix to do that. ;)

>any preview of your code (espeecially the API) ?

    It will be ready in day or two when I write all mpeg stuff and check
it a little. I didn't change the current API too much, just one function:
aviwrite_t* aviwrite_new_muxer() to aviwrite_t* aviwrite_new_muxer(int type).
Maybe I had to change names of functions from aviwrite_* to ofwrite_* or
anything else but I leaved it to future cleanup. ;)

    With best wishes.
    Andriy.