[MPlayer-dev-eng] Question Re: Encoding a QT file with mencode

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Dec 6 01:16:39 CET 2002

Hi,

> So, in other words, it's not an overnight thing.  OK.  Are there any
no it isn't....

gettig qtx decoding to work took a half year. i started developing the
qts debug/trace/emu toolkit at spring and now we got to have it working.
ok it wasn't a too active development, except that 6-8 weeks...

i can predict a 3-5 weeks of development to get qtx encoding work, same
amount for mov muxer... can be done in parallel. so not an overnight, sure.

> plans on support this sort of path in the future, or am I the only one
> that's ever asked for it?  Thanks for the response!

you're the only one, up to now.

anyway yes, there are such plans too, among the others, like own cvs
alternative, own c compiler, and so on... so not in the near future.
we didn't even finished the vfw encoding interface...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team