[MPlayer-dev-eng] codecs

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Aug 31 23:13:08 CEST 2002

Hi,

> Where would one have to start hacking to make such a feature work?  Is it
> a fundamental issue that would be a massive undertaking to make work?

the currect libmpcodecs layer was designed it in my mind, so it shouldn't be
hard to do at codec side. anyway no one of the demuxers nor teh
sh_video/sh_audio struct supports this thing.

imho the first step would be adding tis to the demuxer you want to use. for
mov it's demux_mov.c. what file format and codecs are you interested?

> > > How would mplayer deal with a video stream that changes codecs mid stream?
> >
> > it cannot.
> > do you mean .mov files?
> > afaik others don't even allow such hting

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team